iPhone Discovered I'm on iOS 10.1.1 - can I still jailbreak to 10.2.1 ?

Brock_S

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2017
Title pretty much says it all. I haven't jailbroken since I had my iPhone 4 (previous phone) I just never really bothered but now I'm starting to get bored with my phones limited features and was looking to jailbreak again.

I'm still on 10.1.1 but I know for a fact that a 10.3.1 Jailbreak was announced not long ago I believe. But is there still a possibility I can atleast jailbreak to 10.2.1?

Thanks

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
Is there anything that is untethered? :)
Uh. No.

The last untethered jailbreak was for iOS 9.1.

PS. A 10.3.1 jailbreak has been rumored. Which is not the same as one being announced. As is typical of this, some dev showed proof that he has one and a claim was made that it would be released in a week.

Until it's actually been released it's vaporware.

And what do you mean by "can I still jailbreak to 10.2.1"?

Do you mean, can you update to 10.2.1 and then jailbreak? If so, the answer is no. 10.3.1 is the latest version being signed.

Reactions: MacManiac76

Brock_S

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2017
So the answer to my question is I can't jailbreak even though I'm on a later version. That's all I was looking for.

FLYING SE7EN

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Well, your question is hard to answer when you don't say which device you are trying to jb. Depending on what device it is, a jb may be available.

If you have an iPhone 7 or 7+, you can jb. The link above sorta says it all...

zone23

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2012
Just to clear things up for you, you can't just upgrade/downgrade to whatever version on iOS you want to (that would be nice) you can only upgrade/downgrade to versions currently being "sign" (approved) by Apple that version is currently 10.3.1. That said there is NO JB for 10.3.1, there is a RUMOR of a JB but you can't go on rumors. Now all I know is that the iPhone 7 can be JB on 10.1.1 (no other version) but its not the most stable JB so if having you phone crash once and a while is a serious problem for you then you might not want to do it. I don't know if a iPhone 6s and below can be JB on 10.1.1, I would think so but since I don't have any of those phones I can't tell you for sure.

zone23

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2012
Yeah I think you should be able to JB and on the 6s I think its pretty stable too. Use that reddit link posted you'll want Yalu 102. Only issue is I think you have to resign the JB tool once a week unless you have a developer account.

Brock_S

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2017
It's no issue. Working with Technology and stuff like that isn't a big deal, I do it on a daily at the store which I work at. I just haven't jailbroken in so many years and was wondering what was going on with it. Thanks for the help. :)