discovered new folder view in landscape mode iPhone 6 Plus!

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
Guess I am a little slow lol, I don't really use my phone in landscape mode, haha
Could you please explain how this works exactly? For example, the folder to the right - is that folder actually directly to the right on the homescreen? Do you see big app icons if they're next to the folder? or does it strip out apps and only present a coverflow of folders? Only those on that page or across the whole homescreen? Thanks

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Could you please explain how this works exactly? For example, the folder to the right - is that folder actually directly to the right on the homescreen? Do you see big app icons if they're next to the folder? or does it strip out apps and only present a coverflow of folders? Only those on that page or across the whole homescreen? Thanks
I believe the folder to the right is the 2nd page of the folder to the left.

If you look at the screenshot the page dots are missing in the second shot.

as11ley

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 19, 2013
United Kingdom
When you turn the phone into landscape view in folders, all apps that are on different pages get put into one cover flow like view. Hope it helps :)

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX

They are there - just under the first folder.

Essentially, if you have multiple pages in a folder, the landscape view shows the next one in order and you can swipe through them.

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
Ohhh, thanks everyone, completely misunderstood at first but I get it now, cheers :)

as11ley

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 19, 2013
United Kingdom

If you look to the bottom of the second screenshot, the page dots have actually moved right to the bottom of the device