Discovered Shazam Lyrics on Apple Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by convergent, Oct 16, 2015.

1. convergent macrumors 68000

convergent

While sitting in the car last night waiting for my daughter and listening to the radio, I was playing with Shazam on my Apple Watch. Didn't realize it will give you scrolling highlighted lyrics. Definitely a cool app for the watch as it makes you look like a boss singing along and no one will know you are getting the lyrics from your watch. The only bad thing was if you don't scroll or something every few seconds, then the screen eventually goes dark. I just moved the crown a little to keep it alive. I'd think that this app would be able to keep the screen awake if its actively scrolling lyrics.

2. WarcraftWidow macrumors member

3. Mr.C macrumors 601

Yes I discovered this accidentally to a while back. It must have been included in one of the previous Shazam updates. It's certainly a cool feature although I don't think it works with all songs as not all of them have accessible lyrics online.

4. shandyman Suspended

I don't get scrolling highlighted lyrics. On the ones I tried, some had a button that says lyrics, some did not. The ones that did have the lyrics button, didn't have highlights or scrolling.

5. convergent thread starter macrumors 68000

convergent

Some scrolled for me, and some didn't. May have to do with how the data is stored for different songs at Shazam.

6. shandyman Suspended

It's a shame it's so hit and miss.