discovery: this is really what apple has done well

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by niji, Jul 9, 2015.

1. niji, Jul 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2015

niji macrumors 6502a

niji

apple's For You feature in its Music app is really well done.

I've read comments bashing it. but for me its giving me access to groups and singers/songwriters that maybe i had heard of vaguely before or just knew a little bit about before, but doing a great job of presenting them with excellent selections to showcase the artist.

I'm only using Music to stream, not to download the songs for off line listening. i still prefer to own my music. i have bought more music from apple in the last week than i have in a long time and spending more time within the app than i was spending in its predecessor.

2. c55 macrumors regular

c55

I have all of my songs on iCloud and have the Apple Muisc songs I like added into there, so basically I'm getting a mixture of what I've already purchased and whatever Apple Music I have added in there. It's a good mix and I don't have to take up room on my phone.

3. pacorob macrumors 68000

pacorob

That is a nice discovery feature. But after the three free months i've already decided to stop my subscription.
    The missing offline feature for playlist (discovery) is missing. I do know you can download small playlists.

I will stick with MixRadio and waiting for them to launch again a paid version but untill then i will continue with using the free version (no audio/video ads, only small banner in app, 6x skips per list per hour max).