discoveryd

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by reptarwilleatu, Jun 13, 2015.

1. reptarwilleatu macrumors regular

reptarwilleatu

I wonder why Apple replaced discoveryd with mDNSresponder in the iOS 9 beta and not the latest 8.4 beta. I was hoping that we were not going to have to wait 3-ish months til it was replaced. They did the change on the Mac for 10.10.4 (of course that's pending since they could pull it from the public release, but probably they won't).

I wouldn't care so much other than since it's believed to be a Bonjour cache poisoning, having it fixed for now on my Mac doesn't help me when discoveryd is still present on iOS devices. I guess i should just be happy that it's being dealt with in iOS 9, but 3 months feels like a long time when it's connectivity and i'm getting slower internet speeds because of discoveryd.

Anybody else feel the same way?

2. FloridaGary macrumors regular

I don't mind waiting as long as they get it right. I am assuming there is a reason that it's not being included in the 8.4 release.

3. Joe70 macrumors newbie

Sorry for the late reply.... In answer to your question, of course, same issue here with slow speeds on my iOS devices. Hopefully today's release of iOS 9 will bid adieu to DD for good... The reason they waited this long is that Apple was trying desperately to "fix" DD but after nearly a year it became apparent that they could not without a substantial re-write. We may see DD again in the future, but I hope in a far improved state.