Discovery's Dual Survivor

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by maflynn, May 19, 2014.

1. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Any fans of the show?

I've always enjoyed watching Survivor Man and now Dual Survivor.

This season it looks like, one of the guys - Cody Lundin was fired from the show during taping.

Discovery is making a big thing to market it, I think he may been the more popular of the two. I guess it boils down to that he felt in the situation he was in the producers wanted him to do something, but he felt it was too risky, he refused they fired him.

Here's my observations from watching this show over the past 4 seasons. First it was interesting back when they first started this, they had basically a hippy dude who was always barefoot and looked to be in tune with nature and an ex-army ranger (who was later fired when it was found out he lied about his experience). It was great watching them trying to survive and live off the land, in various locations.

I think you can only do that so many times, so the past season I noticed them taking more risks or filming in more extreme locations, I believe to entice more viewers or keep their fans interested the show.

To be honest, Cody brings an interesting Ying to joe teti's Yang who is full bore special forces lets go and attack mentality. I'm not sure the once the retooled show airs, if I'll keep watching

Thoughts/opinions?

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Watched it a few times but it doesn't do it for me. Currently addicted to Life Below Zero.

3. maflynn thread starter Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I saw that on some commercials - I haven't been around when its on, and due to my ADD, once the commercial is over and something shiney distracts me, I forget about it.

Of course my absolute favorite show was Survivor man with Les Stroud. He did it alone without a film crew.

I still wonder if the film crew helps out the dual survivor folks, i.e., bear grylls caught sleeping hotel

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. I've seen it a couple of times, but it's not something I go and search for. I love Life Below Zero.

I love Survivorman as well. Have you seen the ones where he is out with his 16 year old son?

5. maflynn thread starter Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I have, what probably surprised me the most was his seemingly lack of experience. I thought he'd be more adept in the wilderness, plus he only seemed to want to fish.

6. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

I watch the show about six or seven times a year. Mostly it's just if nothing else happens to be on. Anyways to me Cody is the show without him it just wouldn't be the same. I'll probably stop watching it completely.

Survivorman is way better. Les Stroud seems to keep pumping out new episodes sporadically. I wish Mike Rowe would do the same with Dirty Jobs.

7. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

I watch this show. By the way its dual survival not survivor. Ive been watching it since the first episode.

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Well the kid is only 16 after all. The episodes I saw he was quite a good fisherman.