Discuss Bags and Mice

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ccoleman88, Jan 15, 2009.

1. ccoleman88 macrumors newbie

I'm looking for some reccomendations for accessories for my new 15" unibody.

I would like a nice messenger bag, something slim with handles and a strap and a nice lining for the notebook compartment. would prefer clips or magnets to velcro, and something a bit stylish.

was looking at this, but it seems a bit bland to me.
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t..._shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=A3B9RJKTLZ285S&v=glance

I am also looking for a nice mouse to go with it. my initial thought was to get a bluetooth mouse, but i am reading that they are less responsive for gaming. i use bootcamp on vista for gaming.

was looking at this, would like some thoughts or other options:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...t_shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

any comments are appreciated!

2. Thunder82 macrumors 6502

Timbuk2 bags are great, heavy duty, stylish, and reasonably priced. You really can't beat the Waterfield bags IMO though. (www.sfbags.com) They are incredibly rugged, extremely well made, stylish, and SFBags customer service is incredible. Price tag is a little steep though..

As for mice, steer clear from anything bluetooth if you play games. The logitech wireless USB mice are nice, especially the newer models with the nano receiver. Check out the Logitech Nano VX.

3. ccoleman88 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. MidwestStuck macrumors member

You should take a look at Booq products. Their stuff is on the pricey side, but they're high quality.

5. miggitymac macrumors 6502a

miggitymac

I have a Razer ProClick bluetooth mouse and I use it to play games like Warcraft 3 (DOTA), the AoE series and Max Payne. It works fine for those games.

The only time it becomes unresponsive is when you let it sit for a while and it goes to sleep. But it's not a big problem b/c it takes only a second or two for it to wake up.

6. Kevlar macrumors 6502

I've been looking at Booq backpacks for a while now since I got my unibody 15". I like the design I am just not sure about the interior space. It seems like it is just a bunch of little compartments (I want just a large storage space for traveling and then the outside pockets), anyone have the BOA 3M?

7. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Incase all the way. Quality never goes out of fashion.

8. isaki87 macrumors regular

Im a huge fan of Booq, I have the 3m, Taipan Slim, and just got the Python Pro from my GF's brother. These are all quality bags, and they look small in the photos, but they are deceptively small, with a lot of room to store your laptop and all the accessories that you need to accompany it. Personally, I go to USC, and I carry about 2 large textbooks, and a few other manuals with my laptop and I still find enough room to operate with the Boa 3M. I just think the Python Pro is way too big for me.

9. evanxlee macrumors newbie

only a trojan would throw in what school they attend, rather than simply stating "i am a college student".

I use a Boa 3M as well, and it's great. it's small on the outside yet overwhelmingly expansive on the inside. build quality and style are both exceptional. expensive, but worth the money. Just make sure you purchase the vyper M3 laptop sleeve as well; it's worth the extra $$$ and creates a "perfect fit" situation for your MBP. I throw a notebook, a textbook, my laptop, and all of my school "supplies" (ipod, cell phone, cigarettes, etc hahah) inside and they all fit with room for more, which is my usual test.

10. RexTraverse macrumors 6502

Own a Booq Folee and several Timbuk2 Messengers. Can't go wrong with either, although I prefer the Timbuk2 because it more usable as an everyday messenger too.

As for mice, if you're gaming and want wireless, RF. Gotta. Logitech MX-series or VX-series mice are all awesome. Currently use a MX Revolution with the MacBook Pro at home and a VX Revolution on the road.

11. pyrodex macrumors 6502

pyrodex

I just got my Python Pro and while it is huge, me being a 6'3 guy I carry it well. There are enough pouches in this thing were I can carry my Shoes, Lunch and soon my 17" MBP to work with my Computer accessories with room to spare. I am looking forward to breaking it in though, it feels stiff and rigid at the moment.

12. Kevlar macrumors 6502

Hmmm now I gotta decide between a Python and the BOA. I like the rather large open space of the Python, but hate that I am paying for a camera case I would never use.

13. pyrodex macrumors 6502

pyrodex

LOL do what I did and sell the Camera case on CL or eBay. The Camera case pouch is actually an extension of the main pouch, you can fold down the bottom to make it bigger.