[Discussion]: Fictional Apple Device: E-Ink iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TheSuperSteve, Nov 9, 2011.

1. TheSuperSteve macrumors 6502

It would be Apple's own device to go against all the E-Ink Nook and Kindle readers. It would have iCloud sync, iBooks, Contacts, Calendar, Stocks, Weather, Reminders, Mail, Clock, Notes, iMessage and Twitter as default apps.

No Safari for obvious reasons. Same with no App Store or iTunes apps. Heck, maybe it would have Siri as their killer feature.

The main point of it would be the E-Ink touch screen and the Apple eco-system. How many of us have wanted to bring out an iPad to a sunny area but wanted our iBook collection? Hmmm? Just me?

$150 as the low end Wi-Fi only model. $200 for the 3G version. It would come out in black and white. 7" E-ink screen. The name? I dunno. iPad reader? iBook Reader? iReader? Chocolate Sundae?

All i know is that i would buy the hell out of this. Now go ahead and tell me how original this thread is and direct me towards the search button. :p

2. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

would be very cool, but i don't see it happening. i think they'd rather have some kind of new hi-res color e-ink if they ever do

3. FloatingBones macrumors 65816

FloatingBones

How about a BT reading device that was paired with your iPhone or iPad?

4. poloponies macrumors 68030

The Kindles and Nooks exist solely to get people to buy content from their respective vendors. While Apple is making money off content, it is not primarily a content provider. It will never sell a low/no margin device just to offer an alternative to Kindle. Silly idea.