Dish Network lost DVR suit to TIVO...

4JNA

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 8, 2006
looking for trash files
:mad:

and dish now has 30 days to 'turn off' all the dvr's. i don't watch live television. it sucks, and is full of filler/adverts. not happy. wondering if anyone is using a 'free' solution that they would recomend.

ran myth for a bit, and found it to be a lot of work. might go try MCE with the ir blaster taped to the sat tuner and see how that works.

don't think i will be dish customer for very much longer.

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
WHAT?!?

I've got a Dish DVR. What's going to happen in 30 days? I haven't heard any of this. Give link.

If my 80 hours of recorded videos disappear someone will PAY DEARLY. There's absolutely no way to get those videos off the DVR, I was planning to get an EyeTV for the sole purpose of transferring stuff into my computer so I could burn them to a DVD.

4JNA

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 8, 2006
looking for trash files
links

how about these two;

HERE

and

HERE

also wondering if this actually holds, if they can/will delete or disable the content i have on my disk at the moment. i know some has DRM of some sort, as the 'free movie weekend' stuff won't copy to the burner.

also wonder about getting money back as i paid for my dvr/upgrade out of my pocket due to being an existing customer. yikes?!

hoping that they get a deal worked out quick, something like directtv has so that everything just keeps working.

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2005
I hope TiVo doesn't get onto Comcast...my two DVRs are the only way I watch TV anymore. It's only $4 a month each on Comcast and I forgot how much TiVo's charging for their recommendations, which are bad jokes.