Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacChickMN

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2007
bloomington, mn
i tried to install leopard, but the disk automatically ejects. i have tried this several times. i watched a dvd on my macbook yesterday and it worked fine, so i thought it was the disk, but the disk works in my older iBook. I'm just not sure what to do. i don't want to spend money on this issue if i don't have to, so any help you can offer would be extremely appreciated. thanks sooooo much.

kaiwai

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2007
Christchurch
i tried to install leopard, but the disk automatically ejects. i have tried this several times. i watched a dvd on my macbook yesterday and it worked fine, so i thought it was the disk, but the disk works in my older iBook. I'm just not sure what to do. i don't want to spend money on this issue if i don't have to, so any help you can offer would be extremely appreciated. thanks sooooo much.

Probably best to tell us what type of machine it is - model/year/time of purchase.

Ookpik

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2007
I am having the same problem on my 24" imac. I have tried running the installer the usual way and having it restart my machine, restarting and holding the C key, and manually selecting the DVD as the startup disc. None of these work, as the machine ejects the disc on startup. I should mention that the imac does this for ALL discs. If I start the computer with a CD in, it always ejects. Can this behaviour be specified somewhere?

@kawai, if the, dual 2.4 g5 intel, glossy 24, aluminum, sexy, bought october 2007.

MacChickMN

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2007
bloomington, mn
i have a macbook, purchased in february '07. 2GB, 2GHz intel...
i have had this problem with no discs other than leopard install disc, which would make you think its the disc, but it works in another machine. i am so confused and can't find any info.

Ookpik

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2007
I solved my problem: I use a pen tablet with the computer, and it appears to register a mouse click upon the computer's starting, which was ejecting the disks. It still wasn't a trouble-free install after that, since I had application enhancer installed which muddled everything up, but it's finally running.

pstich

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2009
Disk Eject Issue

I found that if I hold down the option key, the disk won't eject, but support told me to bring my iMac to the shop for repairs, because this isn't normal behavior. Any suggestions before I do that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.