disk automatically ejects

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacChickMN, Nov 28, 2007.

1. MacChickMN macrumors newbie

i tried to install leopard, but the disk automatically ejects. i have tried this several times. i watched a dvd on my macbook yesterday and it worked fine, so i thought it was the disk, but the disk works in my older iBook. I'm just not sure what to do. i don't want to spend money on this issue if i don't have to, so any help you can offer would be extremely appreciated. thanks sooooo much.

2. kaiwai macrumors 6502a

kaiwai

Probably best to tell us what type of machine it is - model/year/time of purchase.

3. Ookpik macrumors newbie

I am having the same problem on my 24" imac. I have tried running the installer the usual way and having it restart my machine, restarting and holding the C key, and manually selecting the DVD as the startup disc. None of these work, as the machine ejects the disc on startup. I should mention that the imac does this for ALL discs. If I start the computer with a CD in, it always ejects. Can this behaviour be specified somewhere?

@kawai, if the, dual 2.4 g5 intel, glossy 24, aluminum, sexy, bought october 2007.

4. MacChickMN thread starter macrumors newbie

i have a macbook, purchased in february '07. 2GB, 2GHz intel...
    i have had this problem with no discs other than leopard install disc, which would make you think its the disc, but it works in another machine. i am so confused and can't find any info.

5. Ookpik macrumors newbie

I solved my problem: I use a pen tablet with the computer, and it appears to register a mouse click upon the computer's starting, which was ejecting the disks. It still wasn't a trouble-free install after that, since I had application enhancer installed which muddled everything up, but it's finally running.

6. pstich macrumors newbie

Disk Eject Issue

I found that if I hold down the option key, the disk won't eject, but support told me to bring my iMac to the shop for repairs, because this isn't normal behavior. Any suggestions before I do that?