Disk burned in Windows doesn't show up in MacOS

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MrCheeto, Oct 18, 2009.

1. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

I have an Office Template that was burned by Windauz for Windauz and when I put it in the drive it appears to be blank, but it says it's using 40mb of data and the information shows up when I put it in a Windows computer.

I know I could put it on a thumb drive and put it on my MacBook but I want to know WHY this is happening and what to do.

Thanks

2. misterredman macrumors 6502a

misterredman

How did you burn the disc? Which application and which settings did you use?

3. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Sounds like the disc was burned in such a way that it wasn't "finalized" or "closed". The way this is handled varies from program to program, but many times burning a disc like this makes it unreadable to other computers, even ones with the same version of Windows.

4. MrCheeto thread starter macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

I didn't burn it.

And the other windows laptops can read it.

5. brop52 macrumors 68000

brop52

6. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

There is no such thing. If then disc were not finalized, then it would not be readable on any system without a compatible burning utility. This is the most logical explanation.

7. 5DollaFootlong macrumors 6502

5DollaFootlong

8. brop52 macrumors 68000

brop52

There is Mac only burning, Mac & PC, and other formats when burning on a Mac. I assumed the same would exist for Windows but maybe not.

9. MrCheeto thread starter macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

The disk wasn't finalized. It didn't work on a Vista machine that didn't have the utility on it :p

Thankss gize!

Here's what happened. I had someone drag and drop the file onto a flash drive and I put it on my machine. Double-clicked it and it opened and ran seamlessly in Numbers! hahahaha! That'll show them winboys!

They said "oh it will only work in Excel" and at that moment Numbers popped up and I said "don't need it, it's running right now just fine" and he looked and just had nothing to say.