"disk doctor photo recovery"

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sillygoose1988, Sep 1, 2010.

1. sillygoose1988 macrumors member

Hello there...
    my SD card somehow corrupted a few pictures and found this software which...in the preview...recovered the lost pics (and yes double checked they're here)...but if i want to fully recover them i have to buy the software (60€) which i'll probably never use again (fingers crossed)
    also tried file juicer which didnt work
    so yea...i was wondering if there was any free software similar to disk doctor photo recovery that i should try...
    cheers!

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I forget what tool I was using (I'm looknig for the app right now on my mac) but when I bought it, I thought I'd never used it again. Low and behold, its been fairly often.

The issue is, you never know when you need to recover your photos from a memory card.

Edit:
    I found it :)
    I've used photorescue. I found that its performance is quite freaky in terms of finding old deleted images off my cf-card. I initially balked at paying the price, but found that I needed it on a handful of occasions. You may find that while it isn't needed on a daily basis. Its a good utility to have in your back pocket in case you need to recover images off a memory card.

3. AnnaCody macrumors regular

AnnaCody

Hi !!

I came here looking for photo recovery software too. This one looks good.

But I have a question....this has never happened before....loosing pix on my memory card. So I'm wondering did it happen because I forgot to eject it....I'm new to the Mac and am having a hard time remembering to do that.

Thanks,
    Anna