Disk drive issue

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by RPP, Dec 25, 2009.

1. RPP macrumors member

RPP

Recently I discovered that my aluminium macbook had a faulty disk drive. After getting the part replaced, all had been going well for about a week - until now. Moments ago, I put a DVD into my computer. Not only is the computer not acknowledging that the DVD is in there, there is even space for me to fit half of a different DVD in the drive. Clearly the DVD in the computer has not lodged on to the drive properly. Is there any way I can get it out?

EDIT: I think I may have been a little impatient when putting the DVD into the computer, ie. as soon as it had ejected one DVD, I immediately put another one in - which then became stuck. Perhaps that is what caused the problem?

2. harry*333 macrumors 6502a

harry*333

being able to insert a second disc halfway in is normal
    try opening Disc Utility and seeing if the disc is recongized there if it is just eject and try again
    if not then restart while holding down the mouse button it should eject anything thats in there should be spit out insert it again
    if it sees it then all is well, if not then restart and etc. and throw away the disc because it is bad
    if it does this with another disc then run a system check with your restore disc and you probably have another bad drive, take it back and they'll probably replace it for free