"Disk error Press any key to restart".....what a dum F!! (UPDATE)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MorzillA, Jun 5, 2008.

1. MorzillA macrumors 6502

MorzillA

So yeah after I ran boot camp assistant and started to install XP on my MAc mini I skipped the reading part where it mentioned about formating the Windows Partition. So stupeed me decided to "Leave the current file system intact <no changes>" instead of formating the partition using the FAT file system. Now my screen shows "Disk error..." every I restart my Mac mini.
    I inserted my OS disk 1 but I still get the same message. Is there something I can do before going to the apple store and getting my @$$ handed to me for being the biggest MORON this side of the net!
    All replies, insults, and PMs are welcomed!!

:apple:

I have fnally being able to get not only XP workng on my Mac Mini but I am now posting using....*gasp* :eek: Explorer......what are they on now 10, 11, something like that!?

I will be on the look out for troubled mac users in need of my noobed mac wisdom to help them in their futile frustrations of Boot Camp/Windows and other ralted matters :D

2. grabberslasher macrumors 6502

Try holding the ALT key as you start the machine up, if you havent erased the Mac partition then you'll be able to boot from it if you click the arrow beneath it.

If that fails, just pop in your OS disk and click its arrow when it shows up.

3. MorzillA thread starter macrumors 6502

MorzillA

:eek: I pressed the ALT button on my G4 keyboard and it worked, I got a grey screen with two HD icons, one was for my Mac and the other one was for the Windows. I clicked on the Mac HD and it restored my system back! I will try to redo the whole process again, this time paying more attention to what I am doing before I fry my poo' lil mini :(!!

Thanks a mill grabberslasher for all your wise help!

4. grabberslasher macrumors 6502

Here to help :) I've been through Boot Camp and editing partition tables by hand enough times to last me a lifetime. Your lucky your problem was an easy fix!

5. MorzillA thread starter macrumors 6502

MorzillA

:confused: uhmmmm, dumb question. Should I Dwnld the Boot Camp update? As posted earlier, I ran boot camp from my mini and installed windows.
    The XP os runs rather ok but I can't connect to the internet (looking at apple support now) via Airport nor cable?! and I would like to know how to switch from XP to OSX without having to restart my computer :confused: :(

Thanks to all!