Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rvpete

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2007
Vienna
Hi there

I downloades Bootcamp and did everything accoring to the howto until i came to an error that said i should run disk utility and validate my disk ok don

I get this

Code:
Volume Header needs minor repair
The volume rvpete needs to be repaired.

Error: The underlying task reported failure on exit

Disk Utility stopped verifying “rvpete” because the following error was encountered:

The underlying task reported failure on exit
1 HFS volume checked
	Volume needs repair

How do I repair my installation? someohow I dont know how to boot from CD :(

also will all data be lost, i lack space for backing up atm >_< (about 130 Gigs that still need to be backuped .. and i certainly donw want to rip all my cds again <.<)

how do errors like this happen?
maybe i should mention i have strange problems (like crashing safari and so on) since we had a power outage due some stupid guys drilling onto the powerline outside .. and a second time due a storm taking out the power for the half of my district (both times the mac was switched on .. and i think some torrents running)

pls help me, because it will cost me a lot of time to backup everything (already backed up 150 gigs now ou of ext hdd space)

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
You won't lose any data. Put the OSX discs in and press C as you boot up. Then use the version of Disk utility you can find in one of the menus to repair the drive. Alternatively, run fsck. :)

rvpete

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2007
Vienna
thank you ^^

now my system runs errorless <3 .. and i think is a bit faster .. but that also could be my imagination cus lack of sleep

:D

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Excellent. It should be faster. Keep repairing the drive either via the discs or fsck until it makes no repairs, to ensure everything's okay. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.