Disk Image Cannot Be Recognized?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ThirtyThr33, Aug 11, 2011.

1. ThirtyThr33 macrumors 6502

ThirtyThr33

Hey MR,

So I got my MBP today! WOO! :D however it's my first mac and Im till trying to get used to it. One thing I cannot seem to do is download Microsoft Office Mac Trial. I tried from MS website and CNET. I click download, and i click the file in downloads and it says the following disk image cannot be reconized. What does this mean? How do I fix it?

2. ThirtyThr33 thread starter macrumors 6502

ThirtyThr33

One other quick question that you may or may not know the answer to: I read a thread earler this month where someone posted a link to a site that listed if you're school was eligible to recieve free MS Office and Windows 7 through the school. I checked my school and sure enough I qualify but I cannot remember what the website was. It was something like "MSPA" or "MSDS" or something like that. Any help is appreciated :D

3. res1233, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2011

res1233 macrumors 65816

res1233

I won't give you the story about why disk images are so widely used in Mac OS, suffice to say it's better than a zip. As to why it wouldn't be recognized? Probably corruption. First of all, could you post the link to the DMG so I could take a look at it please? Or you can include it as an attachment in a post.

4. ThirtyThr33 thread starter macrumors 6502

ThirtyThr33

I guess I figured it out, I think the DMV wasn't finished downloading. I'm just goin through the blues of getting used to a Mac. I feel like such a noob

5. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

yeah. once you get used to the way of installing applications, everything will be easier. that's what took me the longest to get used to when i switched. xD