Disk Image Help

camobag

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 4, 2003
I just need to know after I create a disk image to install a program, and the installation requires a restart how I can install the program without the disk image going away after the restart. I hope this makes sense. Thanks!

Veldek

macrumors 68000
Mar 29, 2003
Germany
camobag said:
I just need to know after I create a disk image to install a program, and the installation requires a restart how I can install the program without the disk image going away after the restart. I hope this makes sense. Thanks!
I somehow don't understand. The restart is required after the installation, isn't it? Then you wouldn't need the disk image anymore. Or do you have to boot from this image?

camobag

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 4, 2003
I have to boot up with the image. Any tips? I already tried to select it as my startup disk and it still didn't work.

Veldek

macrumors 68000
Mar 29, 2003
Germany
I don't think you can boot from a disk image, you'd have to burn it to disc. But I'm also interested in what you are trying to use.

yippy

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2004
Chicago, IL
There is no way to boot from a disk image, they require a running operating system to mount them.

That said, if you just use Disk Utility to burn the image to a CD or DVD, you will be able to boot from it.

camobag

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 4, 2003
yippy said:
There is no way to boot from a disk image, they require a running operating system to mount them.

That said, if you just use Disk Utility to burn the image to a CD or DVD, you will be able to boot from it.
Thanks a lot! It worked perfectly!