Disk images won't UNMOUNT apple+E in Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mac000, Jan 13, 2008.

1. mac000 macrumors 6502a

I always have to go to Disk Utility to unmount disk images I have mounted on my desktop from downloads, dragging to the trash doesnt work either, is there a way to unmount instead of going to DUtility in Leopard?

2. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

COMMAND - E and drag-to-trash should work fine.

Are you sure nothing is "open" on those images?

3. mac000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

no nothing is open, command-E and dragging to the trash doesn't unmount, im forced to open disk utility each time to unmount. Can someone hhelp me out?

4. axboi87 macrumors regular

axboi87

Me too!

Im having the same problem as well! Glad to know its not just me. An outstanding flaw in leopard perhaps? Hope it gets fixed in 10.5.2

5. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

Well, a sure fire way to unmount them is to restart. Although you should have to do that.

If they don't unmount it means something is accessing the files stored in them.

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I have had the same problem when downloading and images not unmounting so I double click on the program in the downloading window.

7. lucytune macrumors newbie

Unmounting outboard hard drives in Leopard

I am running Leopard on MacBook Pro 2.33 and ever since I installed Leopard, a couple of weeks ago, I have had unmounting problems. So far it has corrupted one partition of four on my 2 TB hard drive and one small hd: Yes I have closed all running applications, and checked that no updating is happening on the drives; so I have now adopted the shut down computer completely, before disconnecting method.
    It's a pain and wastes my time;-(
    Fortunately I also have a G5 running Tiger, for which I have Disk Warrior installed to restore the damaged drives; as the upgrade for Disk Warrior to Leopard requires more $.

The final Tiger was very stable, yet unfortunately failed to satisfactorily run Logic 8 and Soundtrack, hence my reluctant upgrade to early Leopard. The upgrade to Leopard also prevents me using Final Cut Xpress which requires yet another upgrade to run on Leopard.
    I made the fatal error of initially buying FC Xpress, instead of the pro version, and have regretted it, as there is still no upgrade path to the Pro version, and it has now cost me almost as much as it would had I bought the pro version initially.

8. thirdeyeopen666 macrumors 6502

thirdeyeopen666

Click on the background of the Finder window. Make sure no icons are highlighted and then try CMD-E again.

9. DENZIE macrumors member

DENZIE

I have had this problem too. For me I believe it is a bug in time machine. Time machine may be backing up at the time or its background watching process is preventing the disk image from dismounting

10. brop52 macrumors 68000

brop52

I have the same problem. You can use disk utility to get them to eject though. Nothing is open in them.