Disk mounting problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by numediaman, Feb 29, 2008.

1. numediaman macrumors 6502a

I recently upgraded (??) to Leopard and now I have a problem that I hope has a easy solution.

Whenever I burn a CD disk using any program (iTunes or Toast), and using any drive, the burned disk no longer automatically mounts after burning. I can mount it easily using Disk Utility, but that is a pain.

(When I burn a DVD with Toast, it automatically gives me an option to eject or mount after burning, so I don't have a problem with DVDs.)

Why is this happening? And the solution is . . . ?

2. numediaman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well, I've looked around the internet and others seem to be having the problem, always associated with Leopard. But no one has come up with a reason why this should be happening.

After installing Leopard on my desktop I have to admit . . . it's as bad as Vista. I was going to upgrade my laptop but have decided to leave Tiger on it --stable, fast, reliable -- everything Leopard is not.

3. mackindergarten macrumors 6502

Hi!

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but check in your System Preferences the CDs & DVDs category.
    There you can set up what happens, when you pop in a CD/DVD.

Hope this was helpful.

/Rupert

4. numediaman thread starter macrumors 6502a

No, it's not an issue of when you pop in a CD, it's when you have finished burning one.

Whether I use iTunes or Toast, the external burner or the internal burner, once the disk is finished burning it does not mount but disappears, forcing me to open Disk Utility to eject or mount it.