"disk not ejected properly" after belkin thunderbolt 2 dock

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by lasloduncan, Jul 14, 2017.

1. lasloduncan macrumors regular

imac 2013 sierra...having many and often problems of getting ext hard drives recogniazed --now made excruciatingly worse with this dock...complete with voice msg- many and often-

probably something needs to be tweaked in the settings preferences but where and what.?? thanks

2. Taz Mangus macrumors 68040

Taz Mangus

Have you contacted Belkin?

3. lasloduncan thread starter macrumors regular

hahah thats a good one.----I did give it try...but just not wild about torturous telephone hassle...so no...but the response would be predicatable--"contact apple" and so on-- ring
    the pointed finger...meanwhile my finger is pointed up--you know which one I will bet...thanks tho-
    --- Post Merged, Jul 14, 2017 ---
    after many hours of research on the disappearing disk drives- improper eject- unlocateable ext hard drives- checking, unchecking, various preferences -all manner of voodoo- swing a dead cat over your head during full moon etc...

I can safely guess that this is a very common problem with sierra and imac...toss up as to what part belkin thunderbolt 2 plays ...but seems to be in the mix of unfounded ext drives with faulty mounts and ejects---best guess at this point!- power drop on imac going into sleep drops the drive never to be found again, since it is so common one would think hope rotton apple would have a fix for it...but dont find it...???hence mac rumors-- you guys know everything...are there really alien bases on the dark side of the moon or sun.???

and how can I fix this without rewriting os---Thank you

4. Taz Mangus macrumors 68040

Taz Mangus

A couple of suggestions to try. Try doing PRAM (boot while holding down option-P-R keys until you hear the dong twice) and SMC reset: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295.

Next I will suggest trying a different connection cable.

What brand of external hard drives are you using?

5. flowrider macrumors 601

flowrider