Disk Not Ejected Properly PB 2

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by iMacDragon, Jul 22, 2016.

1. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

Been using a Transcend Jet Drive in macbook sd card slot for months with no problem, and suddenly on PB 2 it seems to now be giving me the not ejected properly that I know some have been experiencing before on earlier OS X versions.. hope it's just a bug and not the new norm.

2. SlCKB0Y macrumors 68040

SlCKB0Y

Do you have the latest version of the toolbox installed?

3. iMacDragon thread starter macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

Thus far I've never needed it! after googling the issue I've now installed it.

4. eimeria macrumors member

I'm seeing the same issue with a Transcend Jet Drive and a Nifty Mini. I did not encounter this issue with either card used in the SD slot prior to PB2. I've never had the Jet Drive Toolbox software installed. Given the occurrence of this error with cards from 2 different companies, I'm inclined to believe it's due to a change in the latest version of Sierra.

5. eimeria macrumors member

Not sure if it's related or not, but once I installed the Jed Drive Toolbox Software, I started to get Kernel Panics if I had the Jet Drive installed.

I have submitted a report and logs to Apple.

6. iMacDragon thread starter macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

I've had one failed to wake from sleep which happened in mass storage driver since, I'm suspecting related too.

7. todd2000 macrumors 68000

Yeah, I'm having the same issues with my Nifty Mini Drive. It started after Beta 2 for me as well.

8. mazzzzerati macrumors newbie

I'm having the same issue with a 200GB MicroSD + Minidrive combo that I always leave in my Macbook Air. Never was an issue prior to Sierra.

9. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

happens here as well... with my sd card, and sometimes my usb drives.

10. grahamperrin macrumors 601

grahamperrin

@Mr. Retrofire it's a useful workaround, but not a solution; beta testing should be an opportunity for affected customers to feed the bugs to Apple without that workaround.

11. iMacDragon thread starter macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

It does seem like this was fixed in next beta, been fine again for weeks now.