Disk Repair Not Showing Up

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by lotzosushi, Oct 27, 2016.

1. lotzosushi macrumors 6502

lotzosushi

I'm running the latest version of Sierra on my MBP 15" mid-2015, I wanted to do a reformat of the whole drive. I held down the option key during boot and only the main boot drive shows up without the disk repair/utility that's always been there before, am I missing something or doing something wrong? Is there a new way to reformat the computer? Please help, thanks!

2. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

I think it's also in the file menu, is it not? Also, if you want to reformat, you need to do it from an external USB drive.

3. lotzosushi thread starter macrumors 6502

lotzosushi

I'm trying to run disk utility during boot to reformat the main drive, which I can't do while logged in. Holding down the option key should show all connected drives as well as a repair system thing but only the main drive is showing.

4. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

You need to hold Command + R as soon as the computers starts booting up to access the boot repair options. You can't do it by holding just the option key anymore. Also, ignore my file menu comment. Just looked and it's not there anymore. It's different in Sierra.

5. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

6. lotzosushi thread starter macrumors 6502

lotzosushi

Yeah, thanks it works with Command + R. Strange they changed that in Sierra...

7. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

They actually changed it a while ago.