Disk Repair

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ladybrewer, Apr 30, 2010.

1. ladybrewer macrumors newbie

Could someone please help? I am new to Mac and just totally lost. I have an IMac G5 and when I start up, I just get a blank blue screen. Apple shipped me a replacement start up disk, and told me to do a repair. I did disk repair as well as a permissions repair. What do I do now? Do I force quit and try to restart? If so, I still get the blue screen. Do I need to do something while I am in the menu to reboot? Thanks in advance!!

2. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

If you exit the disk utility, you should be able to click the Apple at the top left and do a reboot from there, or maybe it's in the File menu. Somewhere in the top menu there is the option to restart without re-installing.

If the permission repair and disk repair don't help, you may consider that there is some other hardware that is being effected.

When you start normally do you get the startup chime? Do you get the Apple logo on the grey or white screen? Do you get the pinwheel like it's trying to start.

Have you tried to startup in Safe Mode? with more info, we'll be able to help you better.

Best,

Brian