Disk stuck in optical drive - MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bigsy, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Bigsy macrumors newbie

Hi,

This is pretty urgent. I've got a late 2008 15 inch MBP (the one with the express card reader) and I put in a DVD and it wouldn't read it. As it didn't read it, I can't eject it, and this is pretty bad so if anyone could help me ASAP it would be much appreciated! thanks

Bigsy

2. jdechko macrumors 68040

Have you tried restarting the computer and holding down the mouse button? Also, you didn't specify, but it was a full-sized (12 cm) disc, correct?

3. electroshock macrumors 6502a

electroshock

Couple things to try:

Hold down the mouse button at power-on (if you've got a two or three button mouse, use the left mouse button, I think)

Press and hold down the eject button on the keyboard and see if it's persuaded to spit out the DVD

In Terminal.app, type: drutil eject

4. Bigsy thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks!!

I tried drutil eject and it worked, but what's more worrying is my MBP now wont read any dvds... this has only happened since I upgraded to 10.6.1 ( I upgraded straight away after the install.) I don;t know whats causing this problem, and these are dvds that worked with 10.5.8...

Anyone out there had the same problem/have a solution?

Cheers

EDIT: yes, it was a normal disk. I just put in a CD and it read that fine, I will try another DVD in a second.