Disk Utility/Boot Camp Assistant Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by KillingSpree, Nov 5, 2008.

1. KillingSpree macrumors member

Ok so i tried this once before and it worked I partitioned it but then I didn't like it so i uninstalled and removed the drive(with the - button on disk utility).

Now I have decided against it and are trying to go back to Winbloze..
    When I try to partition after repairing Via safeboot I get this Message
    [​IMG]
    Can someone give me instructions for how to do the things in the picture

2. mattluc macrumors member

So you've had a Windows and OSX dual-boot before, and you decided to remove the windows partition using disk utility, and now Boot Camp won't let you make the Windows partition again, right?

It seems that Boot Camp is very picky about the condition of the HD, so i'm betting disk utility did not adequately return the HD to one complete OSX Extended partition.

You will need to back up everything on your drive, boot from your installation disk, go to Utilities in the top menu and open Disk Utility. Using that, you can reformat the HD into one "Mac OSX Extended (Journaled)" volume.

I'm not an expert on full backups, so somebody else might be able to help more. I imagine they'll have you make a compressed disk image of your drive to restore later. You're going to need an external drive or someone elses computer to store that backup.

3. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

Reinstall the Mac OS using Archive and Install, that way you loose nothing... you can delete the folder for the previous installation later and then your BootManager thing should work... but BACKUP, BACKUP, BAKUP... I use CarbonCopy and Time Machine and ChronoSync... backup.!!!