Disk Utility, decryptedfile.dmg - HELP!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by micqo, Jan 19, 2015.

1. micqo macrumors regular

Hey,,,

pls. help! I'm not pro user…

I just open disk utility and founded decryptedfile.dmg / Flash Player. I boot mac and now it's gone!? What this mean? Is it flash player bug? Virus/malware?

I little bit googled and found some Flashback warnings, and guide how to check flashback on terminal. Terminal says I'm clean, so can I sleep my nights well or do I have to do something else to check that my mac is ok? :)

ATM I'm not running any antivirus software…

2. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

It is normal behavior after installing Flash.

3. Xeridionix macrumors regular

This is normal. What happens when you use the standard Flash Player installer is that it will download a disk image in the background to complete the installation process. It's perfectly safe to remove it from Disk Utility as it's only a temporary file any way, it just doesn't clean itself up very well.

4. micqo thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks everyone! :apple:

Good to hear! :)

I scared because there was a lot of discussion of FlashBack and thought that I have now this issue.

I'm not unable to remove it anymore because its gone after I booted mac.

5. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

If you go to any website (outside of the developer) and you see a flashing message or pop up telling you you need to upgrade your flash player, do not click or install. Go to the developer website and compare your installed version with the latest version listed on the website. Get updates or install files directly from MAS or a trusted developer website. If there is any question as to who to trust etc. ask here.

6. micqo thread starter macrumors regular

Thx mate! Yes, I only update trusted channels :)

I also modified my internet plugin browser settings to flash require permission.