Disk utility first aid

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by rUmbuyGum, Dec 12, 2015.

1. rUmbuyGum macrumors newbie

rUmbuyGum

If your downloads of !0.11.2 worked pretty well.,,,
    Did any one else, like me, have none or few issues at all with this upgrade after cleaning up your existing system....then repairing your existing system with disk utility before download??

If you had a relatively successful download, did you re-start in repair mode and do first aid with that tool in disk utility??

Just trying to figure out why some of us actually got a successful update. Perhaps there's a reason this newest update did work for some of us and not or others...

Anyone interested in shareing their preparations for a successful download...and...perhaps how system tools helped make the download heal itself up in the aftermath???

If the download worked for some of us......seems like the program itself might not be the entire problem....seems like bitching might not be the entire solution.....even if bitching seems so popular..

Got anything useful to share??

2. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

I don't prepare for updates at all. I just download and install, simple as that, and the update to 10.11.2 has worked fine for me.

There will always be people who have problems and will complain. But they're a minority. For most of us the updates will install fine.