Disk Utility: Partition Going Wrong?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Christopher11, May 29, 2009.

1. Christopher11 macrumors regular

Christopher11

I have a new Seagate FreeAgent 500GB FireWire drive hooked up to my desktop G4. I'm partitioning four separate partitions, to backup various volumes on my Mac. I've done this before, this drive is a redundant backup.

I told it to partition at the various sizes I specified, Mac OS X Extended (Journaled) but the progress bar seems to have been stuck at the same place for almost an hour. I tried to quit out, but got a warning that it might render the disk inoperable. So i'm letting it go, but is there something wrong?

I ran maintenance scripts and fixed permissions with Onyx this morning before I started this.

Thanks for any replies!

2. Christopher11 thread starter macrumors regular

Christopher11

Okay i seem to have resolved this. Restarted, erased drive then changed to three partitions. I'm transferring/copying now with SuperDuper. Even though the connection is FireWire, seems slow? 5.5 MB/s Maybe because it's the first time, but i wonder if they changed these drives. I love my older one, it glows orange and works very well. Thanks again for any attention to this thread.