Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jan_h_clausen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2015
Hi at some point I made 2 partitions on my macbook pro, one with OS X yosemite beta and one with the stable mountain lion. Now I'd like to combine the to partitions to one (right now they're both 60gb), but somehow I dont seem to manage it. I tried changing the partitions after reboot with apple-R pressed, did not help.
I have spent hours skimming thru forums without finding a solution.

I pasted a picture of how it looks like right now inside disk utility.

Is there anybody who can help me out?

Kind regards,
Jan C,
Denmark

Attachments

• Skærmbillede 2015-08-15 kl. 19.59.59.png
    Skærmbillede 2015-08-15 kl. 19.59.59.png
    117.2 KB · Views: 153

!!!

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2013
Hi at some point I made 2 partitions on my macbook pro, one with OS X yosemite beta and one with the stable mountain lion. Now I'd like to combine the to partitions to one (right now they're both 60gb), but somehow I dont seem to manage it. I tried changing the partitions after reboot with apple-R pressed, did not help.

Kind regards,
Jan C,
Denmark
It appears as if it separated the disk into 2 separate disks, for each partition. I'm not an expert but maybe this is a CoreStorage issue? What happens if you time "diskutil cs list" into the terminal?

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011

Kind regards,
Jan C,
Denmark

Your partition is configured as core storage. Open the terminal application in Applications/Utilities and enter at the command line:
Code:
diskutil cs revert /

Reboot your computer and then you will be able to resize the partition again.

jan_h_clausen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2015
Your partition is configured as core storage. Open the terminal application in Applications/Utilities and enter at the command line:
Code:
diskutil cs revert /

Reboot your computer and then you will be able to resize the partition again.

Thank you very much, it worked!! I now got access to the whole disk.
Thanks for your help, both.

Kind regards,
Jan C.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.