Disk Utility Permissions

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by photosmike, Dec 22, 2013.

1. photosmike macrumors member

I did a Repair Disk Permissions on my boot drive (SSD) and it displayed many, many problems. Below is a sample of the messages. I re-did the repair it it displayed the same messages. My boot drive is a Samsung 840 EVO 250G.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Do I have a problem?

ACL found but not expected on “System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/AppleVNCServer.bundle/Contents/Support/SSDragHelper.app/Contents/MacOS/SSDragHelper”Repaired “System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/AppleVNCServer.bundle/Contents/Support/SSDragHelper.app/Contents/MacOS/SSDragHelper”ACL found but not expected on “System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/AppleVNCServer.bundle/Contents/Support/Share Screen Request.app/Contents/MacOS/Share Screen Request”Repaired “System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/AppleVNCServer.bundle/Contents/Support/Share Screen Request.app/Contents/MacOS/Share Screen Request”ACL found but not expected on “System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/AppleVNCServer.bundle/Contents/Support/VNCPrivilegeProxy”Repaired “System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/AppleVNCServer.bundle/Contents/Support/VNCPrivilegeProxy”ACL found but not expected on “System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/AppleVNCServer.bundle/Contents/Support/sshHelper”Repaired “System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/AppleVNCServer.bundle/Contents/Support/sshHelper”
    Permissions repair complete

2. MacUser2525 macrumors 68000

MacUser2525

I always see that type of output any time I have ran it nothing to worry about.

3. ultraspiracle macrumors member

Unless you're having other problems, I would say that this output is normal. Just make sure you run it periodically, every couple weeks or so.

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

These are not indicative of major problems...as long as they have been repaired you are fine...you will sometimes get a couple that recur...once again, not a big deal.