Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adam-royles

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2009
Hi everyone,

I am trying to repair my disk so I can install bootcamp, but when I reboot my machine and run disk utility and choose repair disk, it hangs. Does anyone have any ideas ?

thanks

Adam

GfulDedFan

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2007
Indiana
Are you restarting your machine with your restore disk 1 in the optical drive, immediately holding down the c key, and choosing your restore disk 1 as the startup disk and running Disk Utility from it?

adam-royles

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2009
Are you restarting your machine with your restore disk 1 in the optical drive, immediately holding down the c key, and choosing your restore disk 1 as the startup disk and running Disk Utility from it?

Hi, yes I'm doing all that, it prompts me for a language then after that I choose utilities and disk utilities. I get the spinning beach ball when I press repair disk and thats it... perhaps I need to leave it longer than 5-6 mins ??

Thanks

Adam

adam-royles

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2009
Its been running for about 45 mins now and still no status bar, just a spinning beach ball ?? :(

GfulDedFan

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2007
Indiana
Sounds like that disk has a problem. Why are you running Repair Disk in order to install BootCamp? Have you been having problems with the disk?

adam-royles

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2009
When I try to install bootcamp it says that it unable to do it. Acting upon advice from others I have tried to repair the disk using disk utility. Is there any other ways around this ? Would it be possible to make an image of my disk, format it, then put the image back on ?

Thanks

Adam

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.