Disk Utility showing combo drive?

maninthemoon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
I have 1.83 Core2Duo Mac Mini. Just did a clean install of 10.5. I was using disk utility and noticed it was showing a CD, though there was no CD in the drive. I thought DU was wacked. But after looking at it more it seems it is showing the combo drive, mashita CD-RW CW-8124. Can anyone confirm that 10.5 show the combo (or super) drive in Disk Utility even when there is no disk in it?

On another note when I repair permissions I'm getting ACL found but not expected on "System/Library/User Template/... a long list all in that same folder. I had some other folders with a similar ACL message that I was able to fix in terminal. This one is not responding.

thanks,
themaninthemoon

flir67

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2005
I have 1.83 Core2Duo Mac Mini. Just did a clean install of 10.5. I was using disk utility and noticed it was showing a CD, though there was no CD in the drive. I thought DU was wacked. But after looking at it more it seems it is showing the combo drive, mashita CD-RW CW-8124. Can anyone confirm that 10.5 show the combo (or super) drive in Disk Utility even when there is no disk in it?

On another note when I repair permissions I'm getting ACL found but not expected on "System/Library/User Template/... a long list all in that same folder. I had some other folders with a similar ACL message that I was able to fix in terminal. This one is not responding.

thanks,
themaninthemoon
have same acl message and disk utility is not fixing it. any have a clue

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.