Disk utility will not see internal drive.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by roontoon, Jul 5, 2013.

1. roontoon macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a 13" late 2011 MacBook Pro. It would boot to the flashing question mark so I thought I had a bad hard drive which I got. I installed it and my my install disk could not see the drive. Also disk utility could not see it. Did a little research and many people have had cables fail, got one and installed it and nada. The machine boots fine off of a USB enclosure with the original drive. Have reset pram too. Anything else I can do?

Thanks,

D

2. Buckaye macrumors member

if you have another computer and a usb adapter - you could see if you can read the drive from another computer?

3. roontoon thread starter macrumors newbie

Did that with my old drive like I said in my original post.

4. Buckaye macrumors member

so you did... sorry :) Missed that. have you tried running diagnostics on it? If it isn't the wire... i'm afraid the problem may be becoming more expensive - like logic board... you've tested what I would....

5. roontoon thread starter macrumors newbie

Have run apple hardware test and have tried Tech tools pro. Nothing. Don't know if there is a test just for a logic board.

6. Buckaye macrumors member

hardware test "could" catch the logic board problem... but might not. Sorry man.. I'm at a loss.

7. roontoon thread starter macrumors newbie

Me too. I am left scratching my head.

8. Mr MM macrumors 65816

Mr MM

you are probably in for a mobo replacement, I had mine from the same model swapped 2x