Disk Utility

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AnthrMacUser, Jun 20, 2010.

1. AnthrMacUser macrumors newbie

I just ran disk utility and this came up, what is this? I'm new to mac and this is my very first macbook pro 15"

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Deploy.bundle/Contents/Resources/JavaPluginCocoa.bundle/Contents/Resources/Java/deploy.jar", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are lrw-r--r-- .
    Permissions differ on "System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Resources/JavaPluginCocoa.bundle/Contents/Resources/Java/deploy.jar", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are lrw-r--r-- .
    Permissions differ on "System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Resources/JavaPluginCocoa.bundle/Contents/Resources/Java/libdeploy.jnilib", should be -rwxr-xr-x , they are lrwxr-xr-x .

And, what free downloadable games are out there? :)

:apple: 15" macbook pro 2.4 ghz 4gb, 8gb ipod touch. :apple:

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Did you run Verify Permissions or Repair Permissions or both?

Maybe MRoogle can help you find plenty of the dozens of "free games" threads.

3. AnthrMacUser thread starter macrumors newbie

I run both.

Afterwards it tells me this:

"Repairing permissions for “Macintosh HD”
    Permissions differ on "System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Deploy.bundle/Contents/Resources/JavaPluginCocoa.bundle/Contents/Resources/Java/deploy.jar", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are lrw-r--r-- .
    Repaired "System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Deploy.bundle/Contents/Resources/JavaPluginCocoa.bundle/Contents/Resources/Java/deploy.jar".
    Permissions differ on "System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Resources/JavaPluginCocoa.bundle/Contents/Resources/Java/deploy.jar", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are lrwxr-xr-x .
    Repaired "System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Resources/JavaPluginCocoa.bundle/Contents/Resources/Java/deploy.jar".
    Permissions differ on "System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Resources/JavaPluginCocoa.bundle/Contents/Resources/Java/libdeploy.jnilib", should be -rwxr-xr-x , they are lrwxr-xr-x .
    Repaired "System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Resources/JavaPluginCocoa.bundle/Contents/Resources/Java/libdeploy.jnilib".

Permissions repair complete
    '

But if i run it again, it tells me to repair it again. What can I do? Should I take it in to apple and have them fix it? Is it a bad thing? I just got this too.

4. AnthrMacUser thread starter macrumors newbie

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

As long as you don't experience any problems, besides Disk Utility giving you that message, I wouldn't go to Apple, as they can't really do anything. If you want the messages to disappear to ease your mind, you could re.install Mac OS X, but as it seems right now, it is not really necessary.