Disk Utility

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MrUnkn0wn, Jul 2, 2010.

1. MrUnkn0wn macrumors newbie

So I tried to remove the ubuntu partition of my computer and I looked at the thing and here what it looks like.
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    How do I make it so its all Macintosh HD 160 and NONE of DISK0S1.

2. MrUnkn0wn thread starter macrumors newbie

Bump. And also I can't drag the things to make them smaller or bigger.

3. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

Yeah. At least in theory you can delete the unwanted partition and then make the other larger to fill, but I haven't had any luck getting that to work. What I have gotten to work is clone the good partition to an external drive (I use SuperDuper! for this), boot from the external, use Disk Utility to blow away the internal partitions, repartition and format the internal, then clone back to the internal.

4. MrUnkn0wn thread starter macrumors newbie

I really need some help. I don't know what will happen in I restart my computer.

5. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

I believe that to do what you want to do, OS X needs to be on the 1st partition, it appears to be on the 2nd, if it was on the 1st then I believe that you'd be able to combine the 2nd into the 1st so that your Mac partition occupied it all. I believe the way to get it all back to one is to either clone your Mac partition to an external hard drive and then reformat (erase) the internal hard drive giving it only 1 partition, and clone your external back to the internal or you could reformat (erase) the internal hard drive and then reinstall everything on it. The second option would only work if you don't have anything on that hard drive that you care about. Good luck.