Disk Utlity Repair Permissions

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by macornomac, Feb 1, 2009.

1. macornomac macrumors 6502

Hey guys I have a question and wanted to know how I can fix the error in my disk utlity. I get this when I run the disk repair.

Permissions differ on "private/var/log/secure.log", should be -rw------- , they are -rw-r----- .

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/Filesystems/AppleShare/afpLoad" has been modified and will not be repaired.
    Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Versions/A/Resources/runner" has been modified and will not be repaired.
    Warning: SUID file "usr/bin/setregion" has been modified and will not be repaired.
    Warning: SUID file "System/Library/Printers/IOMs/LPRIOM.plugin/Contents/MacOS/LPRIOMHelper" has been modified and will not be repaired.
    Group differs on "private/etc/cups", should be 0, group is 26.
    Permissions repair complete

Any ideas how to get rid of this???? I have the latest leopard with all the updates.

2. Bluisnblklungs macrumors member

I get these all the time and no matter what i do they never go away. I took it into a apple store and asked and a genius and he told me that they are just normal things that don't mean anything. still annoying if you ask me, he said that when the next update come out try updating using the combo pack that they might go away. So i guess they are nothing to worry about. But if anyone else knows how to get rid of these please let me know.

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s