Disk Warrior...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dersuuzala, Aug 7, 2009.

1. dersuuzala macrumors newbie

Hello everybody:

Need a little help with an HD... Does anybody knows how Disk Warrior works?

...i mean: do it repair phisical damages on Hd? i think my hd has, becouse the needle is "clicking" and cannot read anything...

I have a lot of work in this hd, that was created only for back up...

Thanks a lot!!!:)

2. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

I am assuming that diskwarrier is software. It will not help with physical problems.

update: misread post. disregard sentence I suggest you back up your most important files right now, and stop using the drive. If you try to back up everything it may die in the process.

And send it to a data recovery service as soon as possible.

Good luck

-Omi

3. gusious macrumors 65816

gusious

No it can't but........ Dudeeeee your hd is dying man! Backup your stuff before you loose everything!

4. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

you need to repair your main hard drive from another disk i.e. reboot into the DiskWarrior DVD by holding C on startup or install DiskWarrior on another Mac OS X install (faster and more advanced).

5. dersuuzala thread starter macrumors newbie

First of all: THANKS A LOT Yoyo, Gusious and Richthomas.

I cannot do anything with this drive. It doesn't works... only clik,clik,clik trying to read, stop, and more cliks trying to read again. (More information: is an external WD 500 GB 3,5" used for photo and music bukup's archive. Litlle use, but about 3 years of work inside).

That's the reason that i ask for Disk Warrior, but Yoyo says that this software don't works on what it seems :confused: a physical problem...

Then: i'm spanish guy that live in northest of Brasil, the poorest part of. And there is no recovery service.

At least, i have obtained another new drive (the same), and the only think that i could do (if Disk Warrior cannot) for save my archives is do the same that does at recovery service: open the drive (the information still remains on the disk plates, isn't it?), and choose the needle or the disk plates to one from the other, and save the information to another third... :D

Disk Warrior? Open the drive and try to choose parts of it???

Again, Thanks everybody a lot.!!!

6. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

No worries mate.

The same thing happened to me :( I lost my entire home folder on mac.

Now I read on the internet, if you put the drive in an airlocked plastic bag, then put it in the freezer you can get it to work on your computer for small amounts of time... I don't know if it works, but if your willing to try it and completely screw your chances of data recovery ever working you could try it.

Good Luck

-omi

7. dersuuzala thread starter macrumors newbie

thnks again

Thanks again, Yoyo.

I had try this two month ago. Nothings happened...:eek:

Yesterday i opened the HD and try to force the needle manually... the disks rules, but the needles stills "cliking" at the center of the disk plates... yeah... i know... HD's are made in a aseptic athmospheres... i'm trying everything i can! and i will never stop!

Great regards: Dersu