Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
Before last week, it was working fine. I went out of town for thanksgiving, and turned the disk off and shut down the MacBook Pro. Now, when I got back and turned the disk back on, it wouldn't show on my MacBook Pro. It wouldn't show in the disk settings in the AirPort Utility.

I tried to reboot the AirPort to no avail.

It's not the drive, because I attached it to the MacBook Pro directly and it works fine.

What's going on?

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
Restart your MacBook Pro.

I suffer from this problem too and the only way to get my AirDisk working again is to restart my MacBook Pro. It is a Leopard issue, not the Airport Extreme. I too restarted my Airport Extreme and it did nothing, it always works again when I restart my MacBook Pro.

Wish Apple would fix this. It isn't just Leopard failing to see AirDisk's, but the transfer rate is horrible half the time too. If I restart my MacBook Pro and Airport Extreme, I get a fantastic transfer rate. Ain't USB 2.0 speeds but nevertheless it is fine. Yet, most of the time the speed plummets drastically.

Right now, to copy a 300MB file, it is going to take 35mins.

'Mon Apple, get it sorted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.