diskutil list, please

Discussion in 'iMac' started by SBruv, Dec 19, 2012.

1. SBruv macrumors 6502

Hi all,

I've got my new 27" iMac, and I've had a total nightmare with the hard disk, which I won't go into here. After a solid day of messing around in the Terminal, I seem to have fixed it. However, I just want to check I haven't reconfigured anything wrong. Would someone with a 27" iMac with 1TB Fusion Drive mind opening Terminal and entering 'diskutil list', then screen capping the result and posting it here, please?

Thanks in advance... :)

SB

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Why would you be futzing around in terminal on a new iMac. What are you trying to do?

3. SBruv thread starter macrumors 6502

Long story short: ran Boot Camp Assistant, which crashed and totally hosed my HD. Got to the point where Apple had arranged to replace the whole machine, and then eventually I managed to fix it myself. Nothing more sinister than that! :)

----------

Oh, also, could someone look in Disk Utility and tell me if their HD has a S.M.A.R.T. Status listed at the bottom, pls? Mine doesn't, and I've got a feeling it should have...

Cheers,

SB

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

5. SBruv thread starter macrumors 6502

6. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

If it's a brand new iMac might be worth starting from scratch.

7. SBruv thread starter macrumors 6502

I am starting from scratch - that's the point. I've totally wiped everything, which is why I'm checking it's all still configured right at the basest level. :)

8. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Look in the middle of this article and it has some "diskutil list" output that might be what you are after.

9. SBruv thread starter macrumors 6502

Ah, nice! That's the sort of thing, yeah. Looks like everything's fine on my system then, except that my Recovery partition is reporting itself as a second Boot partition. Reinstalling OS X should fix that, I guess. :)

Thanks,

SB