diskwarrior 4

bcburrows

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Bristol
Can anyone tell me about their experiences with this app and recovering info from a filevault protected failing hard drive.

Thanks

bcburrows

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Bristol
I am aware of that - thanks

However it states it can rebuild file directories including those with file vault on them in damaged hard drives. I would like to know from people who have used it, what success they have had.

My three week old seagate hard drive reports an error and Mac OSX wont load, but the partitioned windows will load. I am simply trying to find a program that can rebuild the file structure so i can move it to an external hard drive and then try to recover what data I can

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
I have never used DiskWarrior 4 - I believe I have version 3. However, it proved to be a life-saver in one particular instance where the HDD was damaged. DW recovered the directory structure and 100% of the important data :D I'd imagine that DW 4 is even better.

Chrysaor

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2006
I had my file system corrupt couple days ago, and fsck couldn't repair the drive (tried rebuilding the catalog etc).
Diskwarrior repaired the file system without any problems. I only had to reinstall my bootloader to boot from it. If you can't fix it with fsck, I would recommend DW. My drive didn't had file vault on it, but the problem wasn't in the home folder anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.