dislay multilanguage

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by iamvincent, Feb 7, 2010.

1. iamvincent macrumors member

hey guys,

I just got a new macbook pro. When i play videos or musics with titles in other languages other than English, the title shown in the player is unreadable. Could anyone provide some help, pls? Thx in advance.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

You mean the title as shown in the filename, in Finder and the top of the video player window?

You can remedy that by changing the filename yourself, because as of now Mac OS X does not come with an universal translator.

3. iamvincent thread starter macrumors member

I mean the titles in the player. Say, I drag some music or video files into the playlist of VLC, but since the titles themselves are originally in other language, so they become wildly unreadable in the playlist of the player. ........

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

The title shown in the title bar (forgot the name in my first post) is also most of the times the name of the file, so in order to show it in your language, you have to change the name of the file.

Or is the file name different from what is shown in the title bar?

If so, could you provide a screen shot of both?

PS: I think after reading again, I understand what you mean.

If the file name uses Hebrew or Mandarin or Cyrillic letters, it will not show up in VLC player that way, is that it?

5. iamvincent thread starter macrumors member

Exactly. I use mandrine, and it's not shown in VLC playlist. I guess i'll have to change the file names myself, manually....... thanx

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

I can't find Mandarin on my system but used Dayi Pro, Jianyi and Zhuyin as example.

I can see the file names in VLC, as shown by the following screen shot.

[​IMG]
    Please don't be offended by any circumstantial letters, I just typed wildly.

7. iamvincent thread starter macrumors member

wow, thanks a million for such the great help! i'll go try

Cheers