Dismiss "Software Upgrade" Nag for Touch in iTunes?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by aidanpendragon, Mar 3, 2008.

1. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

OK, this has me mad - I'm a conscientious objector in the "pay $20 for 5 apps that everyone else gets free" situation. Whatever. I'm also not happy but resigned that those (locked) apps will eat up space on my Touch, if I want newer firmware.

But now, whenever I connect the device, iTunes automatically takes me to a "buy our spiffy 5 apps for only $20" page, which I have to manually dismiss. And, the only options are "take my $$$ now" or "remind me later." So, it pretty much seems like it'll do this whenever I plug my iPod in.

Steam is coming out of my ears at this point. There must be an easy way to suppress this?

I remembered & found the previous thread on this - any ways to suppress it, short of downgrading to 7.5, disconnecting my Internet connection, etc.? The last comment on that thread said "Apple must have turned that message off on its servers," but obviously not, I'm still getting it.

Thanks.

2. gfer macrumors newbie

I don't get the upgrade nag since iTunes 7.6.1 update.

3. aidanpendragon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hmm...I only started getting it after I upgraded to 7.6.1 yesterday (neglected to mention that detail). Did 1.1.4 from 1.1.2 last week, & no message. Now, 1.1.4 + 7.6.1 = nag.