Dismissed pop-up message by accident - anyone know what it could have been?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iStorm, Sep 23, 2016.

1. iStorm macrumors newbie

I was listening to Apple Music on my new iPhone 7 and the screen was off. I unlocked the phone and it went to the Music app or home screen (I can't remember). I pushed the home button again, but a pop-up message appeared just milliseconds before pressing the button...so it was dismissed and went into oblivion. Ugh!

It seemed to be pretty wordy, but I think it started with "Do you want...", with two buttons on the bottom. I'm guessing it was an iOS/system (or music app) message/notification since it was a pop-up style.

This is probably a longshot, but does anyone know what I could have missed that starts with those words? Also, FWIW, I got my phone yesterday and it has been in use just over 24 hours when this happened. Perhaps there's some message/question that is triggered to show 24-hours after setup?

2. mcvaughan macrumors 6502a

Might be the "automatic download" of music feature.

3. Switchback666 macrumors 68000

Switchback666

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Sometimes on a newly configured phone some "tips" type of messages come up, like telling you something about how to rearrange your home screen or something about spotlight or something else of that sort.

5. Aibocyrus macrumors 6502a

Aibocyrus

Could have been asking for the automatic downloads or maybe Tips? That's happened to me before. If it's important it will come up again.

6. iStorm thread starter macrumors newbie

I think this was it. It was probably asking about the iTunes & App Store automatic downloads feature.

I happened to reset my iPad yesterday too, to start fresh...and this popped up when I unlocked it for the first time after I got home. Mystery solved!

7. rambo47 macrumors 6502a

rambo47

I just got this message from Verizon on my iPhone.

The Notification Center might have still have the alert.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

What carrier version did you end up just getting from Verizon?