Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2018
Hey everyone, I just launched the Disney+ app on my Apple TV and I noticed that there's a yellow exclamation mark next to the "Settings". When I checked it out a banner appeared at the top of the screen in the app, saying that I "need to update my password that I use for Disney+". So I did and the message went away but: Why did the app ask me to change my password in the first place? This never happened before. Anyone else also experiencing this? Thanks!

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
Disney is clamping down on shared subscriptions in more than one (viewing) place. Basically, the goal is that if 2 households want Disney+ or Hulu, they EACH pay for it instead of one paying and the other "borrowing." This may be a part of that process.

OR, they've been hacked and it's not announced yet, so they are seeking password updates for compromised accounts.

OR, they see that you are watching at both your current address and some distant address at the same time. If so, see the first paragraph again.

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2018
I could solve the issue with their customer support. The reason why this happens is that they revamped the whole Disney+ login. You can now use your Disney account across all of the different services that also belong to Disney. The whole message is just worded really poorly, so it creates a lot of confusion among the users. Customer support is also aware of this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.