Disney Infinity

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Kurri, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Kurri macrumors 6502

Anyone interested in this? I'm sure its more marketed toward kids but curious if you think adults would enjoy this. I really dont know much about it, curious what everyone thinks about it. Idea seems ok the more I have been looking into it.

2. musicpenguy macrumors 65816

I have a curiosity towards it - those Pixar figures are pretty cool. I've heard the gameplay is surprisingly good. So yes I am curious, might be a while before I take that plunge though.

3. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Someone mentioned it to me the other day, and I was like what. :confused:

We're in a sad state where adults are more excited about an upcoming Disney game while the kids are like, "Whatever, I'm going back to my Call of Duty". It's getting nice coverage though. Looks really good too.

I'm going to wait awhile too.

4. Kurri thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah when someone told me about it the other day I really had no clue what it was. Some good pre-order deals going on sunday is the only reason why i'm asking. Not sure if I should take the plunge.

5. musicpenguy macrumors 65816

I was in a GameStop and noticed a kid going on and on how awesome Disney Infinity is going to be - I think there are excited kids out there - they aren't all corrupted by Call of Duty yet :)

6. -SD- macrumors 6502

My kids are currently more interested in Skylanders Giants and the upcoming Swap Force. We've decided to have a dabble with Pokémon Rumble U as you don't strictly need the figures to play, and my boy's suddenly become interested in the series after watching a few episodes of the cartoon....

As for Infinity, it'll probably become my daughter's best-thing-in-the-world-ever as soon as the Disney Princesses and Fairies get their inevitable Playsets released at some point.... so I reckon I'll leave it a while until something interests my boy too. Although I've already told him that if there's a series of Ducktales figures, well, they're mine :D

:apple:

7. Zeke D macrumors 6502a

Zeke D

Epic failure

I really wanted to play this game. It has been unable to sway my opinion that this is a shameless Skylanders rip-off. I purchased the starter, both adventure packs, two packages of power discs, a strategy guide and a stand-alone character. The retail for everything was $200.00. I have had to sit through the five-minute intro four times now because my saves are all corrupted. I suppose it really doesn’t matter, since I haven’t actually been able to play the game since it crashes REPEATEDLY. Of the eight crashes I experienced, I was able to load a save twice only for it to corrupt on subsequent play attempt. There is no tech support number. I found the number to Disney Interactive (The game part of Disney) only to find out their tech support is only Monday – Friday. I’m not sure why they chose not to staff their tech support ON THE DAY IT IS RELEASED! When I tried to use the internet help function at Disney.com/infinity, I did not receive any confirmation. Of course I opened all $200 worth of product, so no one will return this piece of crap. I just found out Disney posted on Facebook that the PS3 version has been broken by the latest patch. It’s a shame I don’t have a facebook account! No way for me to get this information. They should’ve posted this on the Disney Infinity site instead of on Facebook.

8. Kurri thread starter macrumors 6502

I read that it was a PS3 firmware that is causing the issue not the game itself. Not sure how true that is but they have a fix up to go back to a previous firmware or something.

9. Zeke D macrumors 6502a

Zeke D

The issue still persists after I did their "fix." GameStop allowed me to return all my Infinity stuff and I paid off Swap Force Dark Edition.

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Strange thing... So a new game iP that is looking to the future in regards to expandability and future packs and yet not available for either PS4 or XBone at launch, whereas skylanders will be.......

11. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

They had a demo with all the current figures at the Microsoft Store plus they're giving away exclusives with a purchase of one.

Looks really cool. The figures are awesome!

Doesn't Disney own the rights to Star Wars? Where's TRON?

I'd buy just the figures....

Looks like the XB360 version was running fine...

12. Kurri thread starter macrumors 6502

I saw some interview with one of the Disney guys online and he hinted at the fact that is in the works. it wont be long.

13. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares