Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Disney Shorts Coming to iTunes?

bketchum

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2003
Grand Portage, Minnesota
It really looks like Disney is tiptoeing into this carefully. Where are the feature films?

On another subject, I'm reading a growing rumbling of talk suggesting Disney and Pixar are ready to make an announcement. I checked: Pixar's fourth-quarter financial results are February 9 and Disney's are on February 6.

Comment

iris_failsafe

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2004
San Francisco, CA
I agree Disney is giving too much support to Apple. I cannot be free. I guess Pixar and Disney have signed the deal.

What is weird is that Disney helps Apple and Pixar helps Disney, although they are legally not the same company, it seems that Disney signed the deal with Stevo nor with Apple or Disney;)

Comment

Black&Tan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2004
In the Wall Street Journal this morning, there's a front page article about Disney purchasing Pixar and making Jobs the single largest shareholder...

The talks are said to be at a "delicate" stage...

Comment

Sunrunner

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2003
Black&Tan said:
In the Wall Street Journal this morning, there's a front page article about Disney purchasing Pixar and making Jobs the single largest shareholder...

I really dont see that happening anytime soon... Jobs is not the type to give up on something doing so well.

Comment

tk421

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2005
Los Angeles
This was confirmed weeks ago

I don't know why this is a Page 2 item. This was announced by Disney weeks ago, not as a rumor, but officially. You can find it here.

Heres a quote:

Classic animated shorts produced by Walt Disney Feature Animation and featured on Buena Vista Home Entertainment's upcoming "Disney at the Academy Awards," including the 1933 Academy Award-winning "The Three Little Pigs" and the 1935 Academy Award-winning "The Tortoise and the Hare," will also be available.

"Our animated product has always been the touchstone of The Walt Disney Company," stated Dick Cook, chairman, The Walt Disney Studios. "We are pleased that in addition to offering our classic animated shorts on DVD, we will now reach an even broader audience with programming on Apple's iTunes Music Store. It is certainly gratifying to know that consumers of all ages will get to experience first hand the remarkable and award-winning works from some of the most gifted animators in history."

Comment

tk421

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2005
Los Angeles
Black&Tan said:

I'd seen this as well. Personally, I'd like to see Pixar remain separate from Disney, even if they continue to work together. Pixar is a different kind of studio with a different atmosphere. They are even located away from Hollywood, being in the San Francisco area.

Comment

Thanatoast

macrumors 65816
Dec 3, 2002
Denver
How about bringing out some of those Wonderful World of Disneys? I remember the one where Walt explained the "new and exciting" national highway system. It was great. There's no reason not to put them up there and make 2 bucks a pop.

Comment

Epicurus

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2005
Minneapolis, MN
Thanatoast said:
How about bringing out some of those Wonderful World of Disneys? I remember the one where Walt explained the "new and exciting" national highway system. It was great. There's no reason not to put them up there and make 2 bucks a pop.

It'd be much better entertainment than the current Disney Channel shows...

Comment

tk421

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2005
Los Angeles
Sunrunner said:
Now anybody have any idea what the credibility level of a "cartoon brew blog" would be? :rolleyes:

I think that we can confirm its credibility considering that Disney has announced this themselves! (See above post and here)

Comment

.Andy

macrumors 68030
Jul 18, 2004
The Mergui Archipelago
Disney Shorts?

Comment

DrNeroCF

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2004
Thanatoast said:

Yeah, those are sway cool. Disney better be careful what they release to the public, though. If the current generation of cartoon-watchers learns that Disney used to actually make good cartoons, it could be disastrous. :p

Comment

Bern

macrumors 68000
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
Once again we here in Australia will miss out :( We don't have the TV shows available for download via iTunes (and I'd love to get Monk) so I'm sure the Disney experience will pass us by as well.

Comment

DavidCar

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2004
Disney Shorts Just Came to iTunes

I suppose someone has posted this already, but my iTunes email just noted that Disney Shorts have arrived.

Comment

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
Bern said:
Once again we here in Australia will miss out :( We don't have the TV shows available for download via iTunes (and I'd love to get Monk) so I'm sure the Disney experience will pass us by as well.

Well, we got the Pixar shorts and there is now a "Short Films" option on the iTMS front page, however, when you click on it the "This item is not available in the Australian store" message dialogue appears. Might take a little while to get all the Disney shorts on the ship bound for Sydney. Then it's just a short 6 week boat ride.

Comment

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
Hasn't anyone been playing with these!?

The Short Films section is now working.

Disney short films are LIVE on iTMS.

All of them have reviews - which is funny - CUSTOMER reviews, that is. eesh there are a lotta people on iTunes to do these so quickly...!

Comment

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
AvSRoCkCO1067 said:
The Short Films section is now working.

Disney short films are LIVE on iTMS.

All of them have reviews - which is funny - CUSTOMER reviews, that is. eesh there are a lotta people on iTunes to do these so quickly...!

Not working here yet.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.