Disney/Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Glideslope, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Glideslope macrumors 601

Glideslope

I'm sure most are aware of the battle between Time Warner Cable and Disney over pricing for the new contract. While these type of situations are not uncommon, but are usually held behind closed doors I wondered?

In the past week Disney has actively been contacting Time Warner Customers suggesting they switch providers. Now, I can only speak for my area, but the only other provider is Verizon FIOS.

So, let's say Verizon is really playing hardball because they know Apple needs CDMA on Verizon to slow Android (until it implodes upon itself in a few years due to being unable to maintain security due to being too open) and we all use LTE devices.

Would I be paranoid to think a Disney board member could conceive of such a strategy to gain favor with a cell provider?

I really thought nothing of this until these "switch" calls started. I've been through many of these events and have never had the content provider directly contact customers.

Perhaps I should just have a beer and go back to watching baseball?:apple:

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

you've heard of the phrase Oranges to Apples, well, this is Oranges to Avocados.

Time Warner (Verizon Fios) and Disney's Price war have Nothing to do with AT&T and Apple in any way, shape or form. One's outcome will not affect the other.

I suggest you have that beer.

3. Glideslope thread starter macrumors 601

Glideslope

Ok. Interesting Avitar. :cool:

4. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

this is at least the 3rd time Disney and Time Warner have gotten into a pissing match. They had one from a while ago where they did not get to an agreement and all of Disney channels went off the area for a while. In that case the local ABC or CBS stations went with them since one of those stations is owned by the same company.

it was a big deal around here in Houston because a lot of the area was on TimeWarner. Basically this pissing match between the 2 is nothing new.

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Disney can't just tell Time Warner customers to switch providers because many of them are locked in some kind of contract with TW.

6. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

thanks, its from Pixar's newest short film "Day and Night"
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

I can see it already: "Buy the new iTV and you can watch ABC channels even if you're stuck with Time Warner!".