Disneyworld in 1 day? Possible?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by peapody, Jul 2, 2010.

1. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

So here is the plan. I want to take some time off to do a roadtrip, but I am not sure how much time I should spend on this little vacation.

I am from Baltimore, MD, and would like to Roadtrip down to Orlando, FL area to go to Universal Studios and Disneyworld. I want to do a roadtrip so that I can make some stops on the way if there is anything interesting - and to save on plane tix for me and my boyfriend.

Just wondering about how long I should stay down there, and if 1 day at disneyworld, and 1 day at universal studios is doable. I just want to go to see whats up - and find out what its all about ahah. Am I crazy?

2. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

No, you are not crazy. I'm planning a one-day DisneyLAND trip and also have Florida in mind for next year. It really, really depends. You guys are going alone, right? You move faster without kids or old folks. Do you need to see absolutely everything? Are you planning on staying on the premises? Big difference there. you get to go in early, stay late and use Disney's version of Fastpass to plan your rides out. Do a quick google search for one day disney visit. there was some great advice. And, of course, I need to know one other thing....

r u hot?

3. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

I've done it before, as a kid, going on a short trip and having one day in Disneyworld, one in Epcot. There was no way you'd see everything, and that was twenty years ago. Whether you try to do it depends a lot on how much you're willing to pick and choose, but sure it's possible.

4. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

You won't be able to see anywhere near everything - but that's not necessarily a problem. Just do your research online and prioritize what you'd like to see, and maximize the day the best you can.

5. peapody thread starter macrumors 68040

peapody

I have done some research, but I don't know how like percentagewise what is possible.

Like how much of the park can I hit? Will it be worth it? That kind of thing.

I guess the title should be: Disneyworld in 1 day? Stupid?

haha.

6. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

of course its worth it. You will see a lot of the park in one day. If you skip the kiddie stuff, go early, and walk fast, you can see almost if not everything an adult would want to see. Oh, but lets be fair.... you do know that DisneyWorld is really three parks. MAGIC KINGDOM, MOVIE STUDIO and EPIC CENTER. (plus water parks and a zoo). My answer assumes you are only going to Magic Kingdom, home of Mickey Mouse and most of the classic disney stuff. Epic center is the place with all the different countries and stuff like that. you certainly can NOT see a majority of the entire WORLD in one day. One park, yes.

7. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

I was happy to spend only one day in Magic Kingdom last time I went, it's better when you're younger.

I'd want at least two days for Universal Studios though to get through most of the rides I wanted. I frickin' love that place. There's the other Universal park next to it as well (Islands of Adventure?) It's definitely worth a look as well

8. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Don't forget the new harry potter world at universal, too. That probably takes at least half a day, more if you are a fan. The op might want to consider what type of rides and stuff she and her boyfriends like. She might want to book a hotel by universal and just do two days there.

9. puffnstuff macrumors 65816

I would skip Disney and go straight to Universal and Island of Adventures.

Disneyworld is very doable in one day since it's not going to be as much fun as when you were a small child. You will probably get bored in a few hours or less.

By one day, you mean you want to be in the park till open and close? In the heat with the crowd?? Good luck.