Display a note/notification over your wallpaper?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by essential, Aug 15, 2008.

1. essential macrumors regular

The phone I had before my iPhone was indeed pretty bad compared to the iPhone, but the one thing it did have that the iPhone lacks is the ability to display notes on the screen on the phone.

For example, I'd create a note in my old phone, and it would give you the option to "display on home screen." Then every time I opened the phone, the text from the note was over my background picture, and it was a great reminder to do things.

With the iPhone, when you miss a text message or phone call and you hit the home button, you see the dark blue bubble saying, "John Smith Missed Call" etc, over the wallpaper while your phone is still locked.

I'd like to be able set a note that shows up in a dark blue bubble over my wallpaper when my phone is locked. When I hit my home button I can see reminders to pay bills by certain dates or whatever. It seems like a small thing, but when you get used to being able to set a reminder that you know you'll see on your phone, you miss it when you don't have it.

This possible at all?

Thanks.

2. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I don;t think what you're talking about is possible, but a dirty solution would be to make a note, take a screenshot, then use that as your wallpaper. Should work, my phone is syncing so I can't try it out.