Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rfield54

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2022
I'm hoping for recommendations regarding an adapter between my old Apple Cinema Display (model A1316, 2010), and my just ordered 2022 Macbook Pro 16...likely USB-C male to Mini Display Port female.

This is the adapter I'm considering:

Thanks in advance for any and all replies . . .

- Roy

jjp007

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2009
TexASS
Im looking to use my old iMac Mac (27-inch, Late 2009) as a display for my new MacBook air ....would these work for my needs and do I need anything else if I buy one of Joevt/s suggestions? Thanks for any help!

joevt

Contributor
Jun 21, 2012
Im looking to use my old iMac Mac (27-inch, Late 2009) as a display for my new MacBook air ....would these work for my needs and do I need anything else if I buy one of Joevt/s suggestions? Thanks for any help!
I think any USB-C to mini-DisplayPort option will work for your case.

Reactions: jjp007

-hh

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2001
NJ Highlands, Earth
I'm hoping for recommendations regarding an adapter between my old Apple Cinema Display (model A1316, 2010), and my just ordered 2022 Macbook Pro 16...likely USB-C male to Mini Display Port female.

This is the adapter I'm considering:

Thanks in advance for any and all replies . . .

FYI, I had some really "bad luck" in 2020 getting USB-C to mDP working for my Apple displays.

I was happy that the first adaptor from NewEgg worked (and is still working) perfectly. I liked it so much that I went to order another one to set up a second machine w/2nd Apple Display.

But ... long story short ... the next three (3!) I ordered all were essentially DOA failures. RMA'ed all of them.

I ended up searching around for a long time for a "trustworthy" brand. I ended up buying a NewerTech (USB-C --> DisplayPort) adaptor which I then daisychained to a (DP --> mDP) adaptor to get it to work. It is doing fine.

FYI, this appears to be an older discontinued product...if I couldn't find it again, I'd probably fork out the bigger bucks for this OWC dual-DP version and then similarly put a DP-->mDP adaptor onto it.

Reactions: jjp007

jjp007

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2009
TexASS
FYI, I had some really "bad luck" in 2020 getting USB-C to mDP working for my Apple displays.

I was happy that the first adaptor from NewEgg worked (and is still working) perfectly. I liked it so much that I went to order another one to set up a second machine w/2nd Apple Display.

But ... long story short ... the next three (3!) I ordered all were essentially DOA failures. RMA'ed all of them.

I ended up searching around for a long time for a "trustworthy" brand. I ended up buying a NewerTech (USB-C --> DisplayPort) adaptor which I then daisychained to a (DP --> mDP) adaptor to get it to work. It is doing fine.

FYI, this appears to be an older discontinued product...if I couldn't find it again, I'd probably fork out the bigger bucks for this OWC dual-DP version and then similarly put a DP-->mDP adaptor onto it.
Thank you!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.